11.07.2007

100 Things

I can't believe I missed my 100th post! In bloggedy tradition I've been preparing my 100 things about me for my 100th post. And then I missed it. Oh well. For my 101st post here are 100 things about me.

1. I was born in Redfield, South Dakota
2. Most of my growing up years were spent on farms
3. We raised sheep for many of my childhood years
4. I wanted to be a veternarian when I grew up
5. I have a step-daughter, Princess
6. I have a step-son, Prince
7. I have a God-child who's 3 1/2 and lived with us for one year and now he lives in FL with his mommy and it's way too far away!
8. I love drama
9. I was Sandy for a community production of Grease
10. I help direct our church's drama team
11. I have 3 dogs
12. This is my second marriage
13. My hubby's name is Pat and he's my best friend
14. I went to college at SDSU
15. I have a degree in Sociology
16. My first job was at Alco
17. My second job was Dairy Queen
18. I worked at DQ for 6 years through high school and college
19. I also worked at Dominoes (for 4 days)
20. I also worked at Blockbuster Video (for 2 weeks)
21. I love animals
22. I delivered a lamb when I was in 5th grade
23. My favorite childhood memory is butchering chickens and other disgusting farm chores
24. My second favorite childhood memory is spending summers at Gradma Harriet's house
25. My favorite color is blue
26. My eyes are blue
27. I have naturally curly hair
28. I played the french horn in high school and college
29. My senior year of HS I went on a band/choir tour to Europe
30. I wish I still had my french horn
31. I gave my life to Christ my junior year of college (1994)
32. Hubby and I were married on New Years Eve (5 years this year!)
33. I currently work for our church as a ministry assistant
34. I used to work for JDS as Training Manager/Assistant Manager in the call center
35. My best friend from high school and I held the record (unofficially) at our high school for the most consecutive bumps (volleyball) in a row (over 1500).
36. I punched my sister when her and her friends tried to initiate me when I was a freshman in high school
37. I love crab legs
38. My favorite movie of all time is Anne of Green Gables
39. My brother and I applied to be on the Amazing Race (we were denied!)
40. I have a tatoo, a "nice" dragon on my ankle
41. I drive a Chevy Malibu, which I hate. Ok hate is a strong word. I don't like it at all because it's so low and I'm already short and it makes me feel shorter.
42. We recently sold my Jeep Cherokee, which I miss dearly.
43. I'v written a number of skits and human videos
44. My favorite football teams are the Washington Redskins and the Green Bay Packers
45. I ran a 1/2 marathon in Green Bay, WI
46. My mom and I started a ministry for women called A Day Spa for Women
47. I absolutely hate doing dishes
48. I type 60 wpm
49. I've bungy jumped
50. I've always thought I was 5'4" but recently found out I'm 5'3" (Tragic! Am I shrinking or was I just wrong all this time?)
51. I like chips (plain) and dip (french onion), preferrably together.
52. I had back surgery when I was a sophomore in high school
53. I'm a speed reader
54. I have this little problem of stealing Princess's Dove chocolates
55. My favorite book of the Bible is Psalms
56. My life verse is Ephesians 3:14-21
57. I wear size 9 shoes
58. I like to sing worship music at the top of my lungs in the car
59. I like raw carrots but not cooked carrots
60. My favorite soda is Mt Dew although I've cut back alot and now mostly drink just water
61. I love to jump in puddles (and preferably splash Hubby or Princess)
62. I sleep on the left side of the bed
63. I prefer showers to baths
64. I love to cook and bake but I'm not a good griller
65. I talk to my mom or dad almost every day
66. I have one sister, Danelle
67. She's the oldest, then me, then my two brothers
68. My youngest brother is 5 years younger than me
69. My other brother is one year younger than me
70. He lives in the same town as me so we get to see each other alot
71. My mom, dad, sister and youngest brother all live 2 hours from us
72. We love to drive the Jeep to visit them and go muddin'
73. I have double jointed elbows
74. I'm an early to bed, early to rise person
75. I hate the dentist
76. I love to garden
77. I don't have a garden, hopefully next year
78. I don't sew - well maybe buttons, but that's about it
79. I do enjoy making fleece blankets
80. Our family has "family night" every Tuesday night
81. My favorite color of clothing to wear is black
82. I've been to every state on the west side of the US
83. I raised my hands on a roller coaster for the first time at DisneyWorld this year
84. My favorite card game is Shanghai Rummy
85. My real name is Melissa
86. My dad's nickname for me is Miss Muffet
87. When we were kids my uncle would call my sister and me Ding Bat and Doe Bird
88. I taught myself to plan bass guitar when I was in high school.
89. I no longer play bass guitar. I can kind of play piano (that means I don't play well!)
90. Ten to go - I'm normally a patient person but this 100 Things list is driving me crazy. It's really hard!
91. I write on 4 blogs (this one, www.dayspaforwomen.com, the youth group blog and the staff blog where I work)
92. I have a very good memory
93. I spend every Sunday night with 8-10 teenagers (and I love it!)
94. I can fall asleep just about anywhere
95. I learned to drive a stick shift when I was a teenager
96. I was in volleyball, basketball and track in high school
97. I once scored 13 points in a basketball game. I think that was the only game I played
98. Every day I'm thankful for the amazing faithfulness and mercy of Jesus
99. I'm so thankful I have such a wonderful husband, step-kids and family
100. I love Jesus with all my soul. He is my all and all, my everything and my life would be nothing without Him.

No comments: