1.07.2008

Wipe Out

I was telling Princess yesterday that I've been such a clutz lately. I've been tripping and dropping things - something totally unlike me. The other day I dropped a full gallon of milk and it burst open all over the kitchen floor. Ya, that was fun.

So this morning Angel and I are walking around and we go downstairs. I see a sock on the floor at the bottom of the stairs, I had just brought laundry down and it must have fell out. I reach down to pick it up only to realize that I'm not at the bottom and I wipe out major. BAM! Hit the floor - thankfully Angel didn't. On a scale of 1-10 the pain was like 124. Plus I didn't know to do... I couldn't move, I was still trying to hold Angel and I didn't have my cell phone one. After about 10 minutes I calmed myself down despite the pain, laid Angel on the floor and slowly crawled over to the phone and called Hubby.

That's where the drama ends I guess. It's just a bad sprain although it hurts to bad I can't believe it's not broken. The DR said I need to stay off it until the end of the week (you've got to be kidding me!) and then go back and see what kind of brace to get for it. I had so much planned to do this week. We are really trying to get Angel into a routine and so we were looking forward to not having too many people hold her (no offense anyway-just working on that bonding!). I was going to take down my Christmas decorations and get all of Angels amazing gifts put away (we were thrown a baby shower yesterday), clean my house - oh my goodness it's been like 2 weeks since I've REALLY cleaned and I was so looking forward to that.

Ok, I'll stop being a baby. I have an amazing Hubby. He spent the day at home and he's trying to get his schedule worked out so he can be home as much as possible. Not sure about the rest of the time - we're still talking to people about coming to help. But anyway, he's been such a busy beaver, doing laundry, cleaning up Angel's gifts, making supper, taking Angel when I can't hold her anymore, listening to me cry and moan and groan.

Oh ya Princess is so kind. I texted her today and told her what happened. After school she called and when I said hello she said "Hi clutz". Where is the love?
:-)

p.s. Angel is 10 weeks today! She's such a big girl. I'll try to post some pictures from the baby shower soon.

No comments: