7.06.2007

Almost Home

Today is our last day at FLY - Youth camp in Estes Park, CO. We leave early tomorrow and will drive straight through, arriving home 12 hours later.

It's been a good week. Tiring, overwhelming, joyful, sad - so many emotions. The theme for the week was UNSHACKLED from Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." So many kids have been unshackled this week. They have left their burdens and sins at the cross of Christ and have been set free.

Last night was our youth group night where we meet with our youth groups and have a time to share. It was so amazing - I don't think I've cried like that in a long time. Kid after kid after kid came up to the stage and shared how Jesus had touched them this week. Some coming to know Christ for the first time, some who had known Christ were strenghted and encouraged in their walk. God is so good and faithful and His great love for us is hard to grasp.

I've been able to spend this week with my step-daughter. It's been so great to see her and hug her and see her growing in her relationship with Christ.

Two things I haven't enjoyed this week: being away from my hubby and not being able to do anything with adoption. There's very limited cell phone reception but hubby and I have been able to chat online - that's been fun :-)

Even though I haven't been able to make any progress on the adoption I've had a great week to spend so much quiet time with the Lord. I've been reassured that God has called us to adopt - there's so many questions when you're going through this process - "Is it worth it, all this paperwork and money" - there are so many doubts and questions. But I know that it is worth it. Our two children from Ethiopia are almost home when you think about it. In the scheme of things 6-9 months is such a short amount of time.

So I wait patiently to be home to see my hubby and for our two kids to see their new home!

No comments: