11.04.2007

My Amazing Rooster Fleeing Brother

My brother has been running since he was 3 years old. You see, we lived on a farm and we had this psycho rooster. My older sister and I would throw rocks at it and run away before getting pecked to death and then when we couldn't find it we would send our little brother out into the yard to try to find it. He'd come back running, hollering and screaming for his life. It was hilarious!

Every since then he's been running. Running from the rooster. Running from his two older sisters. Running from his younger brother. In high school he put that running to good use and joined cross country and the rest is history!

Today he finished 127th place in the New York City Marathon with a time of 2 hours and 43 minutes. That's just riduculous running for over 2 hours! Anyway he was the 60th American male to finish. We're so proud of him!

We never dreamed that the rooster torture we inflicted on our brother would help him get where he is today. You're welcome bro! It was the least we could do!

I don't have a pic yet of him at today's marathon but here's one after he finished the Seattle marathon last year. He ran in memory of one of his students.



p.s. Lance Armstrong finished with a time of 2 hours and 49 minutes. Hee hee. I love Lance and all but it's sweet to say my brother beat him! :-)

No comments: