11.27.2007

Now that's strange

We had our last meeting with our social worker tonight for our home study. This one was at our home and she also wanted to meet with Princess.

Me: Kim will want to meet with you by yourself tonight.

Princess: Ok

Me: Are you nervous?

Princess: No

Me: You don't get nervous meeting with strange people?

Princess: Well, I get to meet with you every day.


Ha ha. I meant "stranger". Princess is cool as a cucumber, at least that's what she tells me and Hubby. Hopefully she's like that inside her heart too.

Our meeting went well - as far as we know. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when we get the home study report back. I didn't even go crazy cleaning. I was so proud of myself. I did the basics and put as much clutter away as I could but not too much wacko cleaning. It's a good thing to - we did a quick tour that took about 2 minutes and that was it.

Speaking of strange - it's a strange feeling to be close to having this done. I really haven't allowed myself to get too excited and neither has hubby. I suppose that's natural and probably good for us to guard our hearts. I shouldn't really say that we're close to having it done - our wait could be a year. Lord willing, it won't be but only He knows and we're trusting in His timing.

Another strange thing happened today. I had the ultrasound and other test that I can't remember the name of and if I wasn't so lazy I'd look it up but I am lazy so too bad! Anyway, during the ultrasound the technician says, "do you still have your ovaries?" (yes) and then a little while later she said, "do you still have your appendix?" (yes). I politely said yes each time but on the inside I was saying "HELLO! You are the one looking at my insides - you tell me!!" So that made me wonder what she was seeing and unfortunately I'm not privy to that information until the doctor calls. For the other test we got some more, I guess you can call it strange, information. The doctor said my fallopian tubes are open so that's great. But then he said there's a mass in my uterus. "It could be an air bubble but you should probably have it checked out."

Now that's strange. Kind of in the make you want to puke, worry like crazy, what in the world is in my uterus, kind of strange.

No comments: