(Can you even see this picture? It's Hubby, Prince, Me and Princess on a roller coaster at Disney World. Check out Princess making a funny face - what a goof! Anyway...)
Up, down, all around. Feeling excited, nervous, queasy, laughing, crying and sometimes screaming at the top of our lungs. No, it's not the world's scariest roller coaster - it's adoption!
Today was one of those days. I praise God for our social worker. She is so amazing and quick to remind us of God's timing. It's official, I've memorized this verse:
"Let not your heart be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." John 14:1
1. Plans were made yesterday for us to go see the baby. We'll get to go see her on Friday at noon, take her with us to a hotel and stay with her overnight. We'd bring her back to the foster family at noon on Saturday.
2. That won't work for the foster family. We have to go for the entire weekend (Friday-Sunday).
3. That won't work for us. We're having a dinner party birthday bash for Princess on Saturday night and we need to be back by 4:00 or 5:00.
4. Ok, we'll try to schedule something for next weekend. NEXT weekend? Like in 9 days which really translates into a millennium? Wow, that makes me really sad.
5. How about this week. Wednesday or Thursday?
6. Ok, that will work. Thursday from noon-5:00. We'll have to be at the foster home, no big deal. It's not as much time with her, we'll take what we can get.
7. Wait, God has heard our cries! We're back to the original plan. Friday noon - Saturday noon. Yippee!!
Hold on to your hats. Lord willing on Friday evening we'll email a picture of our Angel!
Please keep praying for the finances we need to come in. Still about $2000-3000 short.